Powering off the iPhone 13 is not as easy as the android phones. It becomes trickier as Apple has changed the process of powering off for the newer models. Powering off and turning it back on can help in many bug fixes and unresponsiveness. If you own an iPhone 13 and want to know how to power off iPhone 13, continue reading.
how to power off iPhone 13?
1.Using the Settings App
If your power button is not working, you can power off iphone 13 from the settings app. To do it follow the below steps:
- Go to the settings app on your iphone 13 and click on itt.
- Click “General” after scrolling down.
- Scroll to the bottom of the General settings page and click “Shut Down.”
- On the screen, a power-off slider will show up. To switch off your iPhone 13, slide it from left to right.
2.Using the Side Button
Using the side button is the primary and easiest way to power of your iPhone 13. Although Apple has added some more functions for the side button in newer models like iPhone 13, you can use it to power off. The steps are-
- For a few seconds, press and hold the Side (on the right side) and either of the Volume buttons (on the left side).
- A slide bar option will appear on the display.
- Just slide the bar from left to right and it will be turned off.
3.Using the function of Siri
Siri is the virtual assistance given by Apple on their iPhones. You can use it to power it off easily.
- Siri can be accessed by holding down the side button or saying “Hello Siri.”
- When Siri is active, just say “Power off my iPhone.”
- Siri will follow your order, and the power-off slider will appear on the screen.
- To switch off your iPhone 13, slide it from left to right.
4.Using the AssistiveTouch
So, how to power off iPhone 13? On your iPhone’s screen, AssistiveTouch provides a virtual button overlay, which is a helpful accessibility feature. The instructions below should help you turn off your iPhone 13 in a more convenient way:
- On your iPhone 13, open the “Settings” application.
- Click or tap “Accessibility.”
- Find “Touch” on the bottom and click it.
- Select “AssistiveTouch” from the Touch settings menu.
- To use the function, turn the switch next to “AssistiveTouch” on.
- On your screen, a tiny floating button will show up. After tapping it, select “Device.”
- The power-off slider will show once you tap and hold the “Lock Screen” button.
- Your iPhone 13 will power off by sliding it to the right.
5.Using the Control Center:
If you are wondering how to power off iPhone 13, you can do it using the control centre. On your iPhone 13, power-off option can be accessed in the control centre. Utilise the Control Center to switch off your gadget by doing the accompanying advances:
- To access the control center you need to swipe down from the upper right corner of your iPhone 13.
- You will find a lock sign there in the Control Center and tap it.
- On the screen, a power-off slider will appear.
- For your iPhone 13, slide it from left to right to switch it off.
6.Making use of Emergency SOS
There are certain circumstances when you need to use the emergency sos feature to power off your iPhone 13. Although it is not recommended always, below are the steps to follow-
- Press any volume button and the side button simultaneously.
- The Emergency SOS slider will display on the screen after that. Ignore it and continue holding the buttons.
- After a few seconds, the power-off slider will replace the Emergency SOS slider. Slide it from left to right to turn off your iPhone 13.
FAQs about iphone 13
Now that you know how to power off iPhone 13 in different ways, let’s check out some of the FAQs about iPhone 13.
1.How often should you restart your iPhone 13?
Periodically restarting your iPhone 13 might improve performance and fix minor software issues. Restarting your smartphone is typically advised every week or if you detect any strange behaviour, such delayed response or apps stalling. Also, restarting your iPhone 13 can also improve performance by clearing temporary cache, refreshing background processes, and freeing up system resources. This will help your iPhone 13 run smoothly without any issues whatsoever.
2.Does the iPhone 13 charge faster when it’s switched off?
Yes, iPhone 13 can charge more quickly if it’s switched off. In actuality, turning off most electronics makes them charge considerably more quickly. When it’s turned on, the CPU is still in use. That is why some of the power goes to the CPU and the rest is used to charge the battery. But when it’s powered off, cent percent of the power goes to the battery to charge it.
3.How to turn off an unresponsive iPhone 13?
If you want to find out how to power off iPhone 13 that is unresponsive, the only way is to restart your iPhone forcibly. Follow these instructions to turn off an unresponsive iPhone:
- Press the volume up button, then release quickly.
- Press the volume down button and release immediately.
- Up until the Apple logo displays on the screen, press and hold the side button.
4.How to turn iPhone 13 back on?
Besides knowing how to power off iPhone 13, it is also important to know how to turn it back on. The methods below should help you turn on your iPhone 13.
- Just like the process of powering it off, you need to find the side button on the right side of the iPhone 13.
- Keep pressing the side button down until the logo of Apple shows up on the screen.
- Release the side button.
- The lock screen will then appear when your iPhone 13 starts up.