Microsoft Azure is a cloud-based computing platform developed and maintained by Microsoft. This platform allows users to access and manage cloud services and resources in the Microsoft framework. Launched in 2010, Microsoft Azure follows a pay-per-use model, allowing users to pay only for the services they use. Today, Azure has emerged as the industry’s most reliable cloud computing platform, generating massive demand for the Azure Training course. This training course is designed as per the latest industry trends and enables professionals to enhance their cloud computing skills.
This content explains various services offered by Microsoft Azure and the major benefits of this cloud-based computing platform. Read on to know more.
How Does Microsoft Azure Work?
Microsoft Azure offers 200+ services that are divided into 18 categories. The primary Azure services include Computing, Storage, Networking, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics, etc.
Let us look at the Azure services in detail.
Azure Compute Services:
The essential Compute services provided by Azure are as follows:
- Azure Virtual Machine: It enables the users to create a virtual machine in Linux, Windows, or other configurations.
- Azure Cloud Service: It allows the users to create scalable applications within the cloud alongside provisioning, health monitoring, load balancing, etc.
- Azure Service Fabric: This simplifies the microservice development process in the Azure framework.
- Azure Functions: It enables users to create applications in different programming languages without worrying about the hardware.
Azure Networking Services:
Microsoft Azure’s Networking services include the following:
- Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN): It delivers user content. This service uses a network of servers placed strategically to transfer the content to anyone.
- Azure Express Route: It allows one to connect their on-premise network to Microsoft Cloud or other services through a private connection.
- Azure Virtual Network: This allows the Azure services to communicate with one another privately in a more secure environment.
- Azure DNS: This service enables users to host their DNS or system domains on the Azure platform.
Azure Storage Services:
Azure Storage services include the following:
- Azure Disk Storage: It allows users to choose from Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) for storing data.
- Azure Blob Storage: This service is optimized to store vast amounts of unstructured data including texts, binary data, etc.
- Azure File Storage: Azures File Storage service enables users to access files through the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
- Azure Queue Storage: Azure Queue Storage service offers stable message queuing for huge workloads.
Benefits Of Using Azure:
Microsoft Azure is one of the most popular cloud-based computing platforms offering numerous features and benefits to simplify tasks.
Let us look at the important benefits of Microsoft Azure.
Scalable: Microsoft Azure is highly scalable and allows companies to scale their resources up or down as per the company’s requirements.
Flexible: Flexibility is a significant benefit of Microsoft Azure. This platform offers 200+ services. Organizations can choose these services and pay only for what they use.
Secure: Microsoft Azure is highly secure. This platform offers security services like Azure Azure Information Protection, Active Directory, Azure Key Vault, etc.
Support For Artificial Intelligence: Azure supports Artificial Intelligence (AI) services like Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Data Bricks, etc.
Support For the Internet of Things: Microsoft Azure supports IoT (Internet of Things) through services like Azure IoT Hub, IoT Central, IoT Edge, etc.
Cost Saving: Azure is a cost-effective platform that allows organizations to pay only for the services they use.
To sum up, Microsoft Azure is a cloud-based computing platform developed and maintained by Microsoft. Launched in 2010, Azure allows users to access and manage cloud services and resources in the Microsoft framework. Furthermore, Azure follows a pay-per-use model, allowing users to pay only for the services they use. Most modern companies use this platform for more streamlined organizational processes and prefer employees skilled in Microsoft Azure. Therefore, aspiring professionals must consider getting the AZ 104 certification training to increase their professional validity. Azure offers 200+ services that are divided into 18 categories. The primary Azure services include Computing, Storage, Networking, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics, etc. Moreover, this platform is secure, scalable, flexible, and cost-effective.