If you are planning for a 7-day trip to Chikmagalur from Bangalore tour package and every single detail. here is a possible itinerary you can follow:
Day 1: Bangalore to Chikmagalur
• Start your journey Chikmagalur from Bangalore early in the morning, preferably by 6-7 AM, to avoid traffic and reach Chikmagalur by afternoon.
• Take the NH 75 route which goes via Nelamangala, Kunigal, Hassan, and Belur. The journey is around 5-6 hours long depending on the traffic and road conditions.
• En route, you can take a break at Hassan to visit the famous Hasanamba Temple or have breakfast at one of the many restaurants along the highway.
• Another popular stop on the way is the ancient Hoysala temple of Chennakesava at Belur, which is famous for its intricate carvings and sculptures.
• From Belur, Chikmagalur is only about an hour’s drive away. Once you reach Chikmagalur, check into your hotel and rest for a while.
• In the evening, you can explore the local markets, try some local food, and visit the Chikmagalur Mahatma Gandhi Park to relax and enjoy the sunset. You can also plan a visit to the nearby Bhadra Dam if time permits.
Day 2: Mullayanagiri and Bababudangiri
• Wake up early in the morning and have breakfast at your hotel before leaving for Mullayanagiri, which is about 20 km away from Chikmagalur town.
• Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka at an altitude of 1,930 metres above sea level. The road to the peak is steep and winding, but the scenic views are worth it.
• Once you reach the summit, you can enjoy the panoramic view of the surrounding hills and valleys. There is a small temple at the top dedicated to Lord Shiva, and you can offer prayers there if you wish.
• After spending some time at Mullayanagiri, head to Bababudangiri, which is about 10 km away from Mullayanagiri.
• Bababudangiri is a range of hills named after a Muslim saint who is believed to have brought coffee to India. The hills are also home to a number of ancient shrines and temples, including the Dattatreya Peetha, a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Dattatreya.
• Explore the temples and the beautiful natural surroundings of Bababudangiri before returning to your hotel in Chikmagalur for the night.
Day 3: Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Kemmanagundi
• Drive to Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and go on a jeep safari to spot the diverse wildlife of the region, including tigers, elephants, leopards, and more.
• After that, head to Kemmanagundi, a popular hill station known for its lush green forests and cascading waterfalls.
• Explore the beautiful gardens and trek to the Hebbe Falls to witness the breathtaking beauty of nature.
Day 4: Hirekolale Lake and Baba Budangiri Trek
• Start your day early and head to Hirekolale Lake, which is about 10 km from Chikmagalur town. It is a man-made lake built to supply water to Chikmagalur town and is surrounded by lush green hills.
• You can take a walk around the lake or go boating if it is available. The lake is a great spot for nature photography and bird watching.
• After spending some time at the lake, head to Baba Budangiri for a trekking adventure. The trek to Baba Budangiri is a moderate one and takes about 2-3 hours to complete.
• Baba Budangiri is known for its scenic beauty and is named after the Sufi saint Baba Budan who is believed to have brought the first coffee seeds to India.The mountaintop provides a breathtaking view of the hills and valleys stretching out below. Once you reach the top, you can relax and enjoy the view before starting your descent. On your way back, you can also visit the Manikyadhara Falls, which is a short walk away from Baba Budangiri.
• Return to your hotel in Chikmagalur town in the evening and relax for the night.
Day 5: Coffee Plantations and Jhari Falls
• Visit a coffee plantation and learn about the process of growing and harvesting coffee.
• Taste some of the finest coffee in the world and buy some to take back home.
• After that, head to Jhari Falls, which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the region.
• Enjoy a dip in the cool waters and take some memorable photographs.
Day 6: Kudremukh National Park and Belur Halebid
• Drive to Kudremukh National Park and go on a trek to explore the beautiful forests, grasslands, and streams of the park.
• After that, visit the ancient temples of Belur and Halebid, which are famous for their intricate carvings and architecture.
• Learn about the rich history and culture of the region and admire the beautiful artistry of the temples.
Day 7: Return to Bangalore
• After a week of exploring the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Chikmagalur, it’s time to bid farewell and return to Bangalore.
• Drive back to the city and take back some unforgettable memories of the trip.