IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is a standardized English language proficiency exam. It is developed and run by the British Council in partnership with IDP Education and Cambridge Assessment English. Having said that, the truth is, that almost every 8 out of 10 students are found to be IELTS aspirants.
But only a few could ever master the art of excelling in IELTS exams. This is the reason students tend to wonder, “Is there an IELTS coaching near me?” Now that you too are on the same page, wondering if you can settle for a secured study abroad counseling session, take some time to read this insightful blog before everything else.
Unless you know how to choose the perfect IELTS coaching, you cannot ensure academic excellence in its best form.
Here’s everything you need to know.
Shortlist some reputable websites
First things first, in the world of rapid digitization, it would be a wise decision to shortlist some of the leading websites with a reputation for offering IELTS coaching and training. But how? Here’s all you need to know regarding this.
- First, take a look around the internet and put your search query “best abroad study websites in Australia”.
- The search engine will soon display some of the popular websites offering IELTS coaching and training.
- Now, your job is to scrutinize the results from scratch and jot down at least 3-4 websites that seem to be promising and prosperous.
- Once done, check thoroughly and delve deeper to figure out whether the websites are officially registered, legally verified and globally recognized.
- Now, pick the one you find apt in case of meeting the criteria mentioned above.
- Voila! You have a website to proceed with.
But, hold on! That’s not all. There’s more to it than what you have known so far. Merely settling for a website isn’t enough if you miss out on the website checklist. Wondering what are those? We will be delving further into the context in this blog.
See if the platform has the right team
You may initially find a website quite promising but your opinion can simply change if you experience a poor turnaround, a weak or inexperienced team of mentors and the like. So, prior to everything else, make sure to cross-check each of the checkpoints as mentioned below.
- Implement a word-of-mouth strategy and find out whether the website has roped in and established a team of promising IELTS coaching mentors and guides.
- Make sure the mentors have been a part of the industry for several years.
- Take a close look around and try referring to a couple of genuine reviews.
- See whether the feedback is in favor of the mentors, or the IELTS coaching center as a matter of fact.
- Now, try and strike up a conversation with the customer care executives of the firm.
- See how active they are in the matter of reverting to your queries.
- Check and confirm whether the responses are at par with the industry standards and the fact that the customer care executives respond with technically accurate answers.
It is only after a thorough scrutiny and confirmation of each of the points mentioned above, that you should proceed with the next stage of verification.
Ask a few questions before enrolling in a course
Yes, this is as important as anything. The idea is to ask a few questions before enrolling in a course. Unless you raise queries or ask enough questions, you will not be able to clear your doubts in the right manner.
So, take a look below and make it a point to ask these important questions before enrolling in an IELTS coaching session.
- What has the institute achieved in the past?
- What is the overall rating of the platform?
- What all important areas of IELTS are covered?
- Does the platform provide demo sessions and mock exercises?
- What is the course timetable?
- How many pupils are there in a single class?
Once you have concrete answers to each of the questions mentioned above, you will automatically have a roadmap that will help you strategize things further. It is quite important that you ask the right questions at the right time so that you do not have to regret it later.
Ensure that the decision would be beneficial
Well, this is again one criticality to be acknowledged and prioritized when it comes to settling for the best IELTS coaching center near you. If the decision proves to be non-beneficial in the long run, then all the efforts and time invested will simply go down the drain. So, the question is, how to ensure that the decision is going to be a beneficial one?
Here’s everything you need to know.
- See if the platform allows you to set up a flexible schedule for IELTS preparation.
- Make sure that the course is economical and that it allows you to ensure favorable financial savings.
- See if the material for preparation is updated in accordance with the latest syllabus and IELTS exam pattern.
- Keep a tab on mentor-student interaction and gauge how productive the exercise proves to be.
Once you are done crosschecking each of the aspects mentioned above, you can easily proceed with the other chunk of survey and scrutiny.
Look for offline assistance as well
There is no hard and fast rule that you have to enroll in an online course in order to ensure prepared for IELTS. You can seek offline assistance as well provided the decision is worth it. Here are a few suggestions that will help you in this matter.
- Take a look around and see if you know someone who has excelled in IELTS previously.
- You may try and approach the person and ask them if they can help you run through the tunnel successfully.
- You can also get in touch with offline tutors excelling in IELTS exams.
- They can guide you with the right insights and study materials required for successful outcomes in the long run.
- Also, you can embrace the practice of reading through a lot of useful journals and blogs on IELTS on a regular basis.
- This will certainly help you in the matter of gaining self-acquired knowledge which is supposedly the best form of knowledge one can ever acquire.
To End With,
All said and done, let me feel safe to assume that you have now got the hang of how to excel in IELTS by securing the best coaching near you. So, keep referring to more such blogs and never miss out on securing good IELTS scores down the road. Before wrapping up, let me share a few good IELTS preparation hacks.
Here you go!
- Practice regularly
- Do not procrastinate
- Keep referring to the latest syllabus
- Develop your vocabulary
- Seek timely assistance
Cheers and good luck!
Lina Luice is an experienced study abroad counseling expert, associated with the digital space AbroAdvice. Also, she is into adventure sports, travel blogging and photography, coming all the way from Canberra, Australia.